Friday, December 5, 2008

So Many Choices - So Many Opinions


Marshall is gettting married in a few weeks...and wants to serve apple pie at the open house. So I began to gather pies in the valley and we had a pie tasting extravaganza. We compared ten apple pies. What fun it was to sample and then sample some more! I know there are more varieties out there, but I came to the realization that I still needed to fit into my mother of the groom dress. We sampled from Boise, Caldwell, Kuna, Nampa and Melba. They were culinary delights. Some were pretty, some were tasty, some were sweet and some were tart. We...I mean the whole family wanted to weigh in...decided that we couldn't agree which pie was the best. Everyone had a different favorite. Russ loved having the pies around, Daniel is sick of apple pie, I dropped one on the kitchen floor...Hillary is never going to make home-made apple pie for Jim because he picked the frozen one from Wal-mart and Charlotte liked the carmel apple pie. I found a delightful lady named Fredda in Kuna who runs PIE FACE who makes a wonderful apple struesal pie and many other wonderful varieties that we will have to sample when I am off my diet!!! We will be serving brownies... but Marshall doesn't care because he just wants to get married.

3 comments:

Beth said...

The summary is too funny! Tough job... apple pie tasting! I hope you weren't looking for sympathy here!

Rachel Ann said...

I am so so so excited that you are blogging!!!! It is my happy thought! Sending sunshine... Rachel

Beth said...

We need another post! We know life is still crazy for another couple of weeks for you, but blog snowmom, blog!!! We need an update!